Apple & Almond Porridge
Porridge can be made more exciting with toppings and additions. Apples are a perfect source of fibre, containing pectin which is good for your gut. Almonds include Vitamin E which support healthy skin and hair.
Recipe for Apple & Almond Porridge
- 1/2 to 3/4 apple, grated
- 50g ground almonds
- 80g porridge oats
- 200ml water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- milk of choice for topping
- Seeds to add to top (I used pumpkin and sunflower seeds)
Method to Make Porridge
- Put all the ingredients into a pan, stir the porridge constantly over a low heat for about 2-5 minutes until thoroughly heated.
- Add more water if it gets too stodgy.
- Add seeds and milk of choice to serve.
This is a really warming way to start the day, with good fibre from the apples and fats from the almonds.
You could add a protein powder like a teaspoon of hemp powder or extra chia seeds for a further boost.