Healthy Aubergine & Chickpea Curry Recipe
This is a comforting soft curry with lots of fibre and vitamins, perfect for winter evenings. The extra veg hidden in sauce is blended up before the aubergine is added. This means my children who pick out the aubergine are still eating some vegetables in the sauce, perfect for the more fussy eaters! Can prepped at the weekend and kept in the fridge or freezer for a ready made healthy meal
Ingredients – Serves 2-3
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 pepper (red / yellow or green)
- 1 tin tomatoes (400g)
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 chill powder (optional)
- 1 small chopped aubergine
- 1 tin chickpeas drained
- Handful of coriander
- Chop onion and garlic. Saute in small amount of water and pinch of salt until soft.
- Add chopped pepper (any colour). Also a courgette would work here if you have one.
- Add tin tomatoes, some tomato puree and 1/2 tsp cumin. Add chilli here if using.
- When vegetables are soft blend it all up with hand blender in pan until smooth.
- Then add chopped aubergine and the chick peas. Cook until aubergine is soft.
- Add handful chopped coriander and stir round.
Serve with brown rice or quinoa, and more coriander to garnish.