Buckwheat & Spiced Pear Breakfast Porridge
Buckwheat is nutritious and energising, and has more protein than porridge made with oats. It’s rich in magnesium, support cardiovascular health, and also helps other antioxidants we eat to work harder.
Recipe for Buckwheat & Pear Porridge
Ingredients – serves 1
- 1 cup buckwheat (cooked as per instructions)
- 1 firm pear (peeled and chopped)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cashew nut butter (optional)
- milk of choice to add
- Gently fry the chopped pear in the coconut oil and cinnamon on a low heat until it starts to soften and brown.
- Add to cooked buckwheat and top with a nut butter and milk.
I received brilliant support from Anna, who knows an incredible amount about nutrition as well as good health, physical and mental well being.