Chocolate Chickpea Cookies – Gluten Free Healthy Snack
Chickpeas are a great source of fibre and protein which can help to keep you feeling full. Soluble fibre found in chickpeas supports a healthy digestion and it feeds the gut microbes. This helps to reduce the growth of pathogenic or ‘bad’ bugs in our gut.
Ingredients – makes 10-14
- 1 tin chickpeas drained
- 3 tbsp cashew nut butter
- 2-3 tbsp honey (use maple syrup to make vegan)
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Blend chickpeas in a food processor until mashed up.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Blend more until the whole thing moves around the blender in one big lump.
- Break out into small patties and place on a lined baking tray
- Bake at 160 for 15 mins, until edges start to brown a little.
- Allow to cool and enjoy! Will keep in fridge for 2-3 days.
I received brilliant support from Anna, who knows an incredible amount about nutrition as well as good health, physical and mental well being.
Improve Your Gut Health
Tasty gut healthy recipes & new family favourites. PLUS 10 Day emails with supportive IBS lifestyle and food tips