Hidden Veg Pasta Sauce – Vegetarian Protein
If you’ve got some fussy eaters try this pasta sauce to sneak some veg in. Try different pastas to get some more variety into your diet. How about pea pasta, or lentil pasta? They have a slightly different texture, but will give you more protein, and some variation of nutrients.
Ingredients – 2-3 portions
- 1 onion
- 2 sticks celery
- 1-2 carrots
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tin beans (haricot beans are nice, but also kidney / black beans)
- pasta (I use Doves Farm Gluten Free) but any will do
- Chop and fry onion.
- Put pasta on to boil
- Add chopped carrot, garlic and celery and cook whilst stirring for 2-5 mins
- Add tin tomatoes and cook for further 5-10 mins.
- Take off the heat and blitz with either a hand blender or a Nutribullet until smooth.
- Add back to pan and add beans to heat through. Drain pasta
- Serve past with sauce together. Can also be added to pasta and then put into oven for a pasta bake.
I received brilliant support from Anna, who knows an incredible amount about nutrition as well as good health, physical and mental well being.Jane