Nutty Choc Cookies – Healthy Baking Recipes
Gluten free, egg free and dairy free these cookies are great after school snacks or lunchbox treats. Made with oats, hazelnuts, and pumpkin seeds they include fibre and healthy fats to support a balanced diet.
- 100g ground hazelnuts
- 50g ground pumpkin seeds
- 100g oats
- 110g coconut oil (softened)
- 70g sugar
- 15g cacao powder
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 4 tbsp warm water
Method – makes 12-14
- You will need to grind up the nuts and seeds in a high speed blender.
- First mix the warm water and ground flax seeds together and set aside in a small bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add coconut oil and then add the flaxseed mixture.
- Roll into small patties and place on greaseproof paper.
Bake in the oven at 140 (fan assisted) for 15 mins or until the edges of the biscuits begin to brown.
Allow to cool. Store in am airtight container