The benefits of smoothies
Are smoothies healthy?
- 50% green vegetables (kale and spinach are easy to incorporate)
- some fruit – try different colours
- top with water or a dairy free milk – play around with quantities, some taste better thick, and some are better with more liquid.
When to eat smoothies
Smoothie recipe ideas
- Beetroot, celery, ginger, apple and water
- Spinach, parsley, coriander, half a lemon with rind removed, water
- Banana, cashew nuts, avocado, cacao powder, hemp powder, almond milk
- Kale, pear, avocado, lime, water
- Black cherry, banana, cashew nuts, kiwi and matcha powder (pictured). almond milk
- Banana, spinach, maca powder, pecans or almonds, coconut milk
Hi I'm Anna Mapson, registered Nutritional Therapist.
I can help you to:
- understand your digestion better, so you recognise your triggers
- eat a well balanced diet, with tasty meals that are simple to prepare
- develop better digestion and more energy
Find more about my 3 month 1:1 Gut Reset programme
Are you looking for inspiration for store cupboard cooking? Want to know how to make beans taste nice? We are in strange times for food shopping and cooking with everyone at home. Most foods seem to be available (except flour and yeast) but I know people are spring...
The benefits of berries There are lots of benefits to eating berries, but eating them can be messy. You know how blackberries stain your fingers (and clothes!)? The pigment in the berries which stains us, is from something called anthocyanins. These give dark coloured...
It's hard to find the right professional for your needs, it's a real headache to search and filter all the options. There are so many plumbers or accountants out there. It's the same for private health care professionals - how do you find a good nutritionist that will...