Tamari Seed Mix – Quick Tasty Vegan Snack
Seeds are generally cheaper than nuts, and can make a great vegan snack because they contain lots of goodness. Pumpkin seeds are high in zinc, which is needed for immune health. Seeds also contain healthy fats which help to keep us fuller for longer. This seed mix can be sprinkled on salads or just eaten as a snack on the go.
- handful of nuts (e.g. hazelnuts and cashews)
- handful of pumpkin seeds
- handful of sunflower seeds
- sprinkle of sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp tamari
- Mix the tamari with the seeds and nuts in a bowl until they are well coated in the sauce.
- Heat a frying pan and add mixture, spreading it evening across the pan and keep on stirring.
- When seeds begin to pop and start to dry out take off the heat.
- Allow to cool and transfer to an airtight container.
Will keep in air tight box for 7 days.